Image Map

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Professional Development #9- TeachMeet NJ 2013

On Thursday, 8/22/13, I attended the 2nd annual TeachMeet NJ at Stockton College in Galloway,NJ. Once again, I loved every minute of it. I had a fantastic time. I headed towards Stockton at 6am and arrived there a little after 6:30. Registration started at 7am. I saw two of my friends from college as I checked in. It was great to catch up with them. It started around 8:30am. During the 1st session I went to a conversation about picking the right app for your curriculum. I thought he would give us more suggestions on different apps to use, but he gave us information on how to better EVALUATE apps that we use. It was good information. During the 2nd session, I presented my 1st EVER professional presentation!!!!!! I was so nervous. There was actually a lot of people that came in. Almost every seat was filled! :) I started a few minutes early, and finished early! Then I was able to try and better explain some things that the audience wanted to understand. At the 3rd session slot, I went to the session on Infographics. I can't wait to try and make some more soon! I then attended sessions on Pinterest (finding good resources), a mystery Skype (how to have children guess your location), how to become a Google Certified Teacher, and how to better use ClassDojo in the classroom. I met up with my friends for lunch and then we went to the app smackdown. I love this part of the day because you are able to see different apps that are used by educators that you may not have connected with that day. Instead of more sessions like they did last year, there was an option for a more "hands on" or in depth discussion on a few of the sessions. I went to one that talked about easy ways to flip the classroom. It was a great time overall.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment