Image Map

Friday, April 28, 2017

Continuing Education: Next Stop-Graduation!

I just finished my last class for my Masters Degree from Ramapo College of New Jersey!



I began this journey in May 2015, when I knew I was being rehired for the next school year. I worked as a student aide in the program throughout my entire undergraduate career (2008-2012). I was dedicated to that job, and the success of the program. At the end of my undergraduate career, I KNEW that the Masters of Science in Educational Technology (MSET) program would be where I would get my masters in, when the time came.

Fast forward to 2015, and I knew I wanted to start my degree as soon as possible. I took summer courses, and courses during the year. I worked hard to make sure every project I created could be something that I could use in the future. Why create something that you'll never use?

I learned a lot throughout this hybrid program (one that meets in person some days for some classes, and one that does other courses entirely or mostly online). Somethings, I already knew and other things were brand new to me. For my final project, I had to create an entire unit online. I took my extensive cell unit and made it all online. My idea behind that, would be that if I was absent, my substitute could continue the learning without me. Check out the website, and video tutorials on the student site or on the teacher site.

I am proud of all I have accomplished, so far, especially since I paid for the degree all on my own, WITHOUT any student loans. What's next--Graduation on May 11th, and then continuing on to finish my SECOND Masters. This time, in Curriculum & Instruction at Caldwell University.

No comments:

Post a Comment