Image Map

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Traditions



Hey everyone! I'm doing my first linky party! I'm so excited to link up with Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Angie from Lucky Little Learners to share my FAVORITE holiday traditions for my classroom. I'm new to the #2getherwearebetter party, but I'm excited to keep joining them month to month! 

Since I work at a Catholic School, most of our students celebrate Christmas. There are several traditions that we partake in as a school, such as Advent Prayer Services and attending Reconciliation. Every classroom puts up an Advent wreath and the Religion classes put up a Jesse Tree. I place a wreath in my room. It always brightens my day. I also put up a small manager scene. I make sure the Three Kings are far away. They travel a little at a time. The students love trying to see if the kings moved at all.

My most FAVORITE tradition is my Elf on the Shelf. I have gone crazy and even picked up more elves. All of my classes love seeing what the Elves have gotten into each day.


I also give my students a small gift at the end of the year. This is usually just a holiday pencil. My kids lose pencils and pens like they are going out of style!

What are your favorite holiday traditions for the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment