Image Map

Saturday, September 12, 2015

First Day Nerves

The first day of a new school year is always nerve racking. Will the students like me? Will they listen to what I have to say? Will they work well together this year? Am I prepared to handle whatever comes my way? My internal monologue never shuts up. As I try to compose myself to go retrieve my new class, my heart beats what feels like  a million times a second.

Then, something magical happens...I see their faces, their smiles, their excitement, and suddenly all my worries just disappear. In that moment, I KNOW I was meant for this. I was meant to have this specific group of students, at this school, at this time in my life.

No matter what the roller coaster ride will bring this year, I KNOW that they are just as excited as I am for this year to begin. I, for one, can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment