Image Map

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Job Portfolios

The Teaching Portfolio is something that is always talked about in college, and even after. Several questions come to mind: (1) What should go into a portfolio? (2) How much is too much? (3) Is this important? After careful consideration, I've come to realize that the portfolio is IMPORTANT, even if it is just for your own sanity.

Start with investing in a good binder. I got one of those art porfolios from ACMoore. I actually had to get two because my first one, with 24 pages was not enough. I had to get another one with 48 pages in it to help me hold all of my materials. You can even decorate it however you want. I kept it professional yet "cutesy".


Then make sure you have a cover page. I found this adorable stationary at Staples and use it as my cover pages for each of the sections in my portfolio. 




What are some things to have inside your portfolio??

1. Copies of your resume and reference sheet. I also have another sheet that expands on my awards and volunteer experiences. 







2. Copies of your transcripts and teaching certifications. 





3. Next would be copies of all of your recommendation letters.


4. After that, I have copies of other certifications and some professional development certifications. I also include my PRAXIS scores. You never know who wants a copy of them at an interview.  







I know have a separate binder just for my professional development certifications. It's an easier way to keep track of how many hours I accumulate throughout the year. 

How do you organize your portfolio?

No comments:

Post a Comment